Introducing the 5-a-Side Challenge
Firstly, a massive thank you to Kevo for running Star Player and Punt last season. It produced some great recommendations and we all enjoyed the banter when things didn’t quite work out.
Looking ahead, I’d like to introduce our new weekly feature for the coming season – the 5-a-Side Challenge.
Each week, one of you will pick a 5-a-side team for the upcoming Gameweek, and we’ll publish your team every Friday morning in a weekly article. All you need to do is submit your team to Aaron by Thursday evening with brief explanations behind each player.
At the end of the season, the winner receives their total score in prize money (English pounds). Half of this must be given to a charity of their choice, and the other half goes straight into their pocket.
There are five simple rules:
- Your team must comprise of 1 goalkeeper, 1 defender, 2 midfielders and 1 striker.
- You are only allowed one captain. There are no vice-captains.
- You are only allowed one player from each Premier League team.
- Your team must not exceed a budget of 35 million (this will slightly increase over the course of the season to accommodate price rises).
- In double Gameweeks, only the first set of games count towards your total score.
I will present my 5-a-side team for Gameweek 1, and Kevo will set out his team for Gameweek 2. But we need entrants from Gameweek 3 onwards, so please reply to this article if you’d like to take part!